Hi guys, this image is about Gravel Shed Base Great Ideas #1 Please MAKE SURE That The Pad Is PERFECTLY LEVEL And SQUARE. This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1176 x 882. This picture's file size is only 202 KB. Wether You ought to save This post to Your PC, you should Click here. You might also download more attachments by clicking the following photo or read more at this post: Gravel Shed Base.
7 images of Gravel Shed Base Great Ideas #1 Please MAKE SURE That The Pad Is PERFECTLY LEVEL And SQUARE
HPL is not proposed inside the Gravel Shed Base Great Ideas #1 Please MAKE SURE That The Pad Is PERFECTLY LEVEL And SQUARE for a table and wallcoverings. HPL character is not water easy and resistant to peel the installation off at the edges are not nice. Pick a content that's simple to clear as components that are glass and ceramic. If using hardwood- formed bits, find the tile pieces aren't too small. Bits which can be too small cause the grout that's a growing number of. Notice furthermore that the length grout installment isn't too wide.
The utilization of high intensity helping to make shattered material's likelihood to collide and start to become greater. Choose a substance that may be increased such as surface that is solid and marble. If breaks or holes do not have to change totally, because of the portion that was damaged may be fixed. As opposed to mirrors and the stainlesssteel material. In the event the substance is destroyed in many part merely, must be increased overall.
Many pores stain tough to clean and live-in or permit germs. Solid-surface substance excellent. Nevertheless marble and marble could be applied during the remedy completed occasionally. Wall and stand is with food that will get into our bodies indirect contact. Use finish products that not include substances which are harmful to the human body.
Gravelgrav•el (grav′əl),USA pronunciation n., v., -eled, -el•ing or (esp. Brit.) -elled, -el•ling, adj.
- small stones and pebbles, or a mixture of these with sand.
- multiple small calculi formed in the kidneys.
- the disease characterized by such concretions.
- to cover with gravel.
- to bring to a standstill from perplexity;
- to be a cause of irritation to.
- [Obs.]to run (a ship) aground, as on a beach.
- harsh and grating: a gravel voice.
Error 502PHP7.0-FPM restart, please wait...
Basebase1 (bās),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., based, bas•ing.
- the bottom support of anything;
that on which a thing stands or rests: a metal base for the table.
- a fundamental principle or groundwork;
basis: the base of needed reforms.
- the bottom layer or coating, as of makeup or paint.
- the distinctively treated portion of a column or pier below the shaft or shafts. See diag. under column.
- the distinctively treated lowermost portion of any construction, as a monument, exterior wall, etc.
- [Bot., Zool.]
- the part of an organ nearest its point of attachment.
- the point of attachment.
- the principal element or ingredient of anything, considered as its fundamental part: face cream with a lanolin base; paint with a lead base.
- that from which a commencement, as of action or reckoning, is made;
a starting point or point of departure.
- any of the four corners of the diamond, esp. first, second, or third base. Cf. home plate.
- a square canvas sack containing sawdust or some other light material, for marking first, second, or third base.
- a starting line or point for runners, racing cars, etc.
- (in hockey and other games) the goal.
- a fortified or more or less protected area or place from which the operations of an army or an air force proceed.
- a supply installation for a large military force.
- [Geom.]the line or surface forming the part of a figure that is most nearly horizontal or on which it is supposed to stand.
- the number that serves as a starting point for a logarithmic or other numerical system.
- a collection of subsets of a topological space having the property that every open set in the given topology can be written as the union of sets of the collection.
- a collection of neighborhoods of a point such that every neighborhood of the point contains one from the collection.
- a collection of sets of a given filter such that every set in the filter is contained in some set in the collection.
- Also called base line. See under triangulation (def. 1).
- vehicle (def. 10).
- Also called carrier. inert matter, used in the preparation of lakes, onto which a coloring compound is precipitated.
- [Photog.]a thin, flexible layer of cellulose triacetate or similar material that holds the light-sensitive film emulsion and other coatings, esp. on motion-picture film.
- a compound that reacts with an acid to form a salt, as ammonia, calcium hydroxide, or certain nitrogen-containing organic compounds.
- the hydroxide of a metal or of an electropositive element or group.
- a group or molecule that takes up or accepts protons.
- a molecule or ion containing an atom with a free pair of electrons that can be donated to an acid;
an electron-pair donor.
- any of the purine and pyrimidine compounds found in nucleic acids: the purines adenine and guanine and the pyrimidines cytosine, thymine, and uracil.
- the part of a complex word, consisting of one or more morphemes, to which derivational or inflectional affixes may be added, as want in unwanted or biolog- in biological. Cf. root1 (def. 11), stem 1 (def. 16).
- the component of a generative grammar containing the lexicon and phrase-structure rules that generate the deep structure of sentences.
- an electrode or terminal on a transistor other than the emitter or collector electrodes or terminals.
- the part of an incandescent lamp or electron tube that includes the terminals for making electrical connection to a circuit or power supply.
- the level at which a security ceases a decline in price.
- the lower part of an escutcheon.
- bases, [Armor.]a tonlet formed of two shaped steel plates assembled side by side.
- pavilion (def. 6).
- get to first base. See first base (def. 2).
- in base, in the lower part of an escutcheon.
- off base:
- [Baseball.]not touching a base: The pitcher caught him off base and, after a quick throw, he was put out by the second baseman.
- [Informal.]badly mistaken: The police were way off base when they tried to accuse her of the theft.
- on base, [Baseball.]having reached a base or bases: Two men are on base.
- touch base with, to make contact with: They've touched base with every political group on campus.
- serving as or forming a base: The walls will need a base coat and two finishing coats.
- to make or form a base or foundation for.
- to establish, as a fact or conclusion (usually fol. by on or upon): He based his assumption of her guilt on the fact that she had no alibi.
- to place or establish on a base or basis;
found (usually fol. by on or upon): Our plan is based on a rising economy.
- to station, place, or situate (usually fol. by at or on): He is based at Fort Benning. The squadron is based on a carrier.
- to have a basis;
be based (usually fol. by on or upon): Fluctuating prices usually base on a fickle public's demand.
- to have or maintain a base: I believe they had based on Greenland at one time.
Ideasi•de•a (ī dē′ə, ī dēə′),USA pronunciation n.
- any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
- a thought, conception, or notion: That is an excellent idea.
- an impression: He gave me a general idea of how he plans to run the department.
- an opinion, view, or belief: His ideas on raising children are certainly strange.
- a plan of action;
an intention: the idea of becoming an engineer.
- a groundless supposition;
- a concept developed by the mind.
- a conception of what is desirable or ought to be;
- (cap.) [Platonism.]Also called form. an archetype or pattern of which the individual objects in any natural class are imperfect copies and from which they derive their being.
- [Kantianism.]See idea of pure reason.
- a theme, phrase, or figure.
- a likeness.
- a mental image.
MAKEmake1 (māk),USA pronunciation v., made, mak•ing, n.
- to bring into existence by shaping or changing material, combining parts, etc.: to make a dress; to make a channel; to make a work of art.
- to produce;
cause to exist or happen;
bring about: to make trouble; to make war.
- to cause to be or become;
render: to make someone happy.
- to appoint or name: The President made her his special envoy.
- to put in the proper condition or state, as for use;
prepare: to make a bed; to make dinner.
- to bring into a certain form: to make bricks out of clay.
- to convert from one state, condition, category, etc., to another: to make a virtue of one's vices.
- to cause, induce, or compel: to make a horse jump a barrier.
- to give rise to;
occasion: It's not worth making a fuss over such a trifle.
- to produce, earn, or win for oneself: to make a good salary; to make one's fortune in oil.
- to write or compose: to make a short poem for the occasion.
- to draw up, as a legal document;
draft: to make a will.
- to do;
effect: to make a bargain.
- to establish or enact;
put into existence: to make laws.
- to become by development;
prove to be: You'll make a good lawyer.
- to form in the mind, as a judgment or estimate: to make a decision.
- to judge or interpret, as to the truth, nature, meaning, etc. (often fol. by of ): What do you make of it?
- to estimate;
reckon: to make the distance at ten miles.
- to bring together separate parts so as to produce a whole;
form: to make a matched set.
- to amount to;
bring up the total to: Two plus two makes four. That makes an even dozen.
- to serve as: to make good reading.
- to be sufficient to constitute: One story does not make a writer.
- to be adequate or suitable for: This wool will make a warm sweater.
- to assure the success or fortune of: a deal that could make or break him; Seeing her made my day.
- to deliver, utter, or put forth: to make a stirring speech.
- to go or travel at a particular speed: to make 60 miles an hour.
- to arrive at or reach;
attain: The ship made port on Friday. Do you think he'll make 80?
- to arrive in time for: to make the first show.
- to arrive in time to be a passenger on (a plane, boat, bus, train, etc.): If you hurry, you can make the next flight.
- to gain or acquire a position within: He made the big time.
- to receive mention or appear in or on: The robbery made the front page.
- to gain recognition or honor by winning a place or being chosen for inclusion in or on: The novel made the bestseller list. He made the all-American team three years in a row.
- to have sexual intercourse with.
- to name (the trump).
- to take a trick with (a card).
- [Bridge.]to fulfill or achieve (a contract or bid).
- to shuffle (the cards).
- to earn, as a score: The team made 40 points in the first half.
- (esp. in police and underworld use)
- to recognize or identify: Any cop in town will make you as soon as you walk down the street.
- to charge or cause to be charged with a crime: The police expect to make a couple of suspects soon.
- to close (an electric circuit).
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.]to plant and cultivate or produce (a crop): He makes some of the best corn in the country.
- to cause oneself, or something understood, to be as specified: to make sure.
- to show oneself to be or seem in action or behavior (usually fol. by an adjective): to make merry.
- to be made, as specified: This fabric makes up into beautiful drapes.
- to move or proceed in a particular direction: They made after the thief.
- to rise, as the tide or water in a ship.
- [South Midland and Southern U.S.](of a crop) to grow, develop, or mature: It looks like the corn's going to make pretty good this year.
- make a play for, to try to get: He made a play for his brother's girlfriend. They made a play for control of the company's stock.
- make as if or as though, [Informal.]to act as if;
pretend: We will make as if to leave, then come back and surprise him.
- make away with:
- to steal: The clerk made away with the cash and checks.
- to destroy;
kill: He made away with his enemies.
- to get rid of.
- to consume, drink, or eat completely: The boys made away with the contents of the refrigerator.
- make believe, to pretend;
imagine: The little girl dressed in a sheet and made believe she was a ghost.
- make bold or so bold, to have the temerity;
be so rash;
dare: May I make so bold as to suggest that you stand when they enter?
- make book, [Slang.]
- to take bets and give odds.
- to make a business of this.
- make colors, to hoist an ensign, as on board a warship.
- make do, to function, manage, or operate, usually on a deprivation level with minimal requirements: During the war we had no butter or coffee, so we had to make do without them.
- make down, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to rain or snow: It's making down hard.
- make fast, [Chiefly Naut.]to fasten or secure.
- make for:
- to go toward;
approach: to make for home.
- to lunge at;
- to help to promote or maintain: This incident will not make for better understanding between the warring factions.
- make good:
- to provide restitution or reparation for: The bank teller made good the shortage and was given a light sentence.
- to succeed: Talent and training are necessary to make good in some fields.
- to fulfill: He made good on his promise.
- [Navig.]to compute (a course) allowing for leeway and compass deviation.
- make heavy weather:
- to roll and pitch in heavy seas.
- to progress laboriously;
struggle, esp. to struggle needlessly: I am making heavy weather with my income tax return.
- make it:
- to achieve a specific goal: to make it to the train; to make it through college.
- to succeed in general: He'll never make it in business.
- to have sexual intercourse.
- make it so, strike the ship's bell accordingly: said by the officer of the watch when the hour is announced.
- make like, [Informal.]to try or pretend to be like;
imitate: I'm going to go out and make like a gardener.
- make off:
- to run away;
depart hastily: The only witness to the accident made off before the police arrived.
- [Naut.]to stand off from a coast, esp. a lee shore.
- make off with, to carry away;
steal: While the family was away, thieves made off with most of their valuables.
- make on, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn on, light, or ignite (esp. a light or fire): Make the light on.
- make one's manners, [Southern U.S.]
- to perform an appropriate or expected social courtesy.
- [Older Use.]to bow or curtsy.
- make out:
- to write out or complete, as a bill or check.
- to establish;
- to decipher;
- to imply, suggest, or impute: He made me out to be a liar.
- to manage;
succeed: How are you making out in your new job?
- to engage in kissing and caressing;
- to have sexual intercourse.
- [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to turn off or extinguish (esp. a light or fire): Make the light out.
- make over:
- to remodel;
alter: to make over a dress; to make over a page layout.
- to transfer the title of (property);
convey: After she retired she made over her property to her children and moved to Florida.
- make sail, [Naut.]
- to set sails.
- to brace the yards of a ship that has been hove to in order to make headway.
- make shut, [Chiefly Pennsylvania German.]to close: Make the door shut.
- make time. See time (def. 42).
- make up:
- (of parts) to constitute;
- to put together;
- to concoct;
- Also, make up for. to compensate for;
- to complete.
- to put in order;
arrange: The maid will make up the room.
- to conclude;
- to settle amicably, as differences.
- to become reconciled, as after a quarrel.
- [Print.]to arrange set type, illustrations, etc., into columns or pages.
- to dress in appropriate costume and apply cosmetics for a part on the stage.
- to apply cosmetics.
- to adjust or balance, as accounts;
prepare, as statements.
- to repeat (a course or examination that one has failed).
- to take an examination that one had been unable to take when first given, usually because of absence.
- to specify and indicate the layout or arrangement of (columns, pages, etc., of matter to be printed).
- Atlantic States. (of the weather or clouds) to develop or gather: It's making up for a storm.
- Atlantic States. (of the sea) to become turbulent: If the sea makes up, row toward land.
- make up to:
- to try to become friendly with;
- to make advances to;
flirt with: He makes up to every new woman in the office.
- make water:
- to urinate.
- (of a hull) to leak.
- make with:
- to operate;
use: Let's make with the feet.
- to bring about;
provide or produce: He makes with the big ideas, but can't follow through.
- the style or manner in which something is made;
- production with reference to the maker;
brand: our own make.
- the act or process of making.
- quantity made;
- [Cards.]the act of naming the trump, or the suit named as trump.
- [Elect.]the closing of an electric circuit.
- the excellence of a polished diamond with regard to proportion, symmetry, and finish.
- identifying information about a person or thing from police records: He radioed headquarters for a make on the car's license plate.
- on the make:
- seeking to improve one's social or financial position, usually at the expense of others or of principle.
- seeking amorous or sexual relations: The park was swarming with sailors on the make.
- put the make on, [Slang.]to make sexual overtures to.
Thatthat (ᵺat; unstressed ᵺət),USA pronunciation pron. and adj., pl.those;
- (used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc., as pointed out or present, mentioned before, supposed to be understood, or by way of emphasis): That is her mother. After that we saw each other.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, referring to the one more remote in place, time, or thought;
opposed to this): This is my sister and that's my cousin.
- (used to indicate one of two or more persons, things, etc., already mentioned, implying a contrast or contradistinction;
opposed to this): This suit fits better than that.
- (used as the subject or object of a relative clause, esp. one defining or restricting the antecedent, sometimes replaceable by who, whom, or which): the horse that he bought.
- (used as the object of a preposition, with the preposition standing at the end of a relative clause): the farm that I spoke of.
- (used in various special or elliptical constructions): fool that he is.
- at that:
- in spite of something;
nevertheless: Although perhaps too elaborate, it seemed like a good plan at that.
- in addition;
besides: It was a long wait, and an exasperating one at that.
- that is, (by way of explanation, clarification, or an example);
more accurately: I read the book, that is, I read most of it.Also, that is to say.
- that's that, there is no more to be said or done;
that is finished: I'm not going, and that's that!
- with that, following that;
thereupon: With that, he turned on his heel and fled.
- (used to indicate a person, place, thing, or degree as indicated, mentioned before, present, or as well-known or characteristic): That woman is her mother. Those little mannerisms of hers make me sick.
- (used to indicate the more remote in time, place, or thought of two persons, things, etc., already mentioned;
opposed to this): This room is his and that one is mine.
- (used to imply mere contradistinction;
opposed to this): not this house, but that one.
- that way, [Informal.]in love or very fond of (usually fol. by about or for): The star and the director are that way. I'm that way about coffee.
- (used with adjectives and adverbs of quantity or extent) to the extent or degree indicated: that much; The fish was that big.
- to a great extent or degree;
very: It's not that important.
- [Dial.](used to modify an adjective or another adverb) to such an extent: He was that weak he could hardly stand.
- (used to introduce a subordinate clause as the subject or object of the principal verb or as the necessary complement to a statement made, or a clause expressing cause or reason, purpose or aim, result or consequence, etc.): I'm sure that you'll like it. That he will come is certain. Hold it up so that everyone can see it.
- (used elliptically to introduce an exclamation expressing desire, a wish, surprise, indignation, or other strong feeling): Oh, that I had never been born!
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Padpad1 (pad),USA pronunciation n., v., pad•ded, pad•ding.
- a cushionlike mass of soft material used for comfort, protection, or stuffing.
- a soft, stuffed cushion used as a saddle;
a padded leather saddle without a tree.
- a number of sheets of paper glued or otherwise held together at one edge to form a tablet.
- a soft, ink-soaked block of absorbent material for inking a rubber stamp.
- Anat., Zool. any fleshy mass of tissue that cushions a weight-bearing part of the body, as on the underside of a paw. See diag. under dog.
- the foot, as of a fox, hare, or wolf.
- a piece or fold of gauze or other absorbent material for use as a surgical dressing or a protective covering.
- Zool. a pulvillus, as on the tarsus or foot of an insect.
- a lily pad.
- See launch pad.
- one's living quarters, as an apartment or room.
- one's bed.
- a room where people gather to take narcotics;
an addicts' den.
- money paid as a bribe to and shared among police officers, as for ignoring law violations.
- a list of police officers receiving such money.
- Elect. a nonadjustable attenuator consisting of a network of fixed resistors.
- a metal plate riveted or welded to a surface as a base or attachment for bolts, hooks, eyes, etc.
- a piece of wood laid on the back of a deck beam to give the deck surface a desired amount of camber.
- a handle for holding various small, interchangeable saw blades.
- Also, pod. a socket in a brace for a bit.
- Metall. a raised surface on a casting.
- a small deposit of weld metal, as for building up a worn surface.
- on the pad, [Slang.](of a police officer) receiving a bribe, esp. on a regular basis.
- to furnish, protect, fill out, or stuff with a pad or padding.
- to expand or add to unnecessarily or dishonestly: to pad a speech;
to pad an expense account.
- to add metal to (a casting) above its required dimensions, to insure the flow of enough metal to all parts.
- to insure the proper forging of a piece.
Isis (iz),USA pronunciation v.
- 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of be.
- as is. See as 1 (def. 21).
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
SQUAREsquare (skwâr),USA pronunciation n., v., squared, squar•ing, adj., squar•er, squar•est, adv.
- a rectangle having all four sides of equal length.
- anything having this form or a form approximating it, as a city block, rectangular piece of candy, etc.
- an open area or plaza in a city or town, formed by the meeting or intersecting of two or more streets and often planted with grass, trees, etc., in the center.
- a rectangularly shaped area on a game board, as in chess or checkers.
- a try square,Tsquare, or the like.
- the second power of a quantity, expressed as a2 = a × a, where a is the quantity.
- a quantity that is the second power of another: Four is the square of two.
- a person who is ignorant of or uninterested in current fads, ideas, manners, tastes, etc.;
an old-fashioned, conventional, or conservative person.
- (formerly) a body of troops drawn up in quadrilateral form.
- a unit of measure for roofing materials, equal to 100 square feet (9.3 sq. m).
- a flower bud of the cotton plant.
- the area at the bottom of a hatchway.
- Usually, squares. a square meal: to get three squares a day.
- a situation in which two heavenly bodies or groups of heavenly bodies have celestial longitudes differing by 90 degrees, an aspect indicative of internal tension with an equally strong and conflicting need for adjustment.
- [Obs.]a pattern, standard, or example.
- on the square:
- at right angles.
just: Their dealings with us have always been on the square.
- out of square:
- not at right angles.
- not in agreement;
irregular: The inspector's conclusions are out of square with his earlier report.
- to reduce to square, rectangular, or cubical form (often fol. by off): He squared off the log to make a timber for his house.
- to mark out in one or more squares or rectangles.
- to test with measuring devices for deviation from a right angle, straight line, or plane surface.
- to multiply (a number or quantity) by itself;
raise to the second power.
- to describe or find a square that is equivalent in area to: to square a circle.
- to bring to the form of a right angle or right angles;
set at right angles to something else.
- to even the score of (a contest): to square a game.
- to set (the shoulders and back) in an erect posture so they form an angle similar to a right angle.
- to make straight, level, or even: Square the cloth on the table.
- to regulate, as by a standard;
- to adjust harmoniously or satisfactorily (often fol. by with): How could you square such actions with your conscience?
- to balance;
settle: to square a debt.
- to secure a desired action or attitude by means of bribery;
- to accord or agree (often fol. by with): Your theory does not square with the facts.
- to settle, even, or balance a matter, as by paying a bill, returning a favor, or tying a score.
- (of a cotton plant) to form buds.
- square around, [Baseball.](of a bunter) to shift the feet and body from a conventional batting stance to a position facing the pitcher, with the bat held across and in front of the body.
- square away:
- [Naut.]to arrange the yards so as to sail before the wind.
- to prepare;
get ready: Square away for dinner.
- to assume a position of defense or offense: The wrestlers squared away for the first fall.
- to organize or complete satisfactorily;
put in order: I want to square away the work before going on vacation.
- square off:
- to assume a posture of defense or offense, as in boxing: They squared off for a fight.
- to prepare to dispute with another;
show signs of opposition or resistance: The governor and the legislature are squaring off over the landfill issue.
- square the circle, to strive without chance of success;
attempt the impossible.
- square up, to pay or settle an account, bill, etc.: We squared up with the cashier and checked out of the hotel.
- formed by or as a right angle;
having some part or parts rectangular: a square corner.
- having four sides and four right angles in two dimensions or three pairs of parallel sides meeting at right angles in three dimensions;
having each dimension in the shape of a square or rectangle and all angles right angles: a square box.
- noting any unit of area measurement having the form of a square and designated by a unit of linear measurement forming a side of the square: one square foot.
- noting a system of area measurement in terms of such units.
- (of an area) equal to a square of a specified length on a side: five miles square.
- at right angles, or perpendicular.
- at right angles to the mast and the keel, as a yard.
- having a square or rectangular section: a square bar.
- having a solid, sturdy form, esp. when characterized by a rectilinear or angular outline.
- straight, level, or even, as a surface.
- leaving no balance of debt on either side;
having all accounts settled: I'm all square with my landlord.
- just, fair, or honest.
- straightforward, direct, or unequivocal.
- conventional or conservative in style or outlook;
- so as to be square;
in square or rectangular form.
- at right angles.
- fairly or honestly.
- directly or straightforwardly.