Hi there, this blog post is about How Long Do People Last In Bed On Average : Where To Get Black Ant King Male Enhancement ( How To Last Longer In Bed Naturally Nice Ideas #2). This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 526 x 681. It's file size is only 74 KB. If You ought to save This attachment to Your laptop, you may Click here. You might also download more pictures by clicking the following picture or see more at here: How To Last Longer In Bed Naturally.
How Long Do People Last In Bed On Average : Where To Get Black Ant King Male Enhancement ( How To Last Longer In Bed Naturally Nice Ideas #2) Photos Collection
Timber floors you can find a wide variety of hues out-there on the market I'm confident something is to complement actually the wildest suggestions manufacturers. While being imaginative and pushing the limitations of traditional style is always welcome while in the interior-design marketplace remains extremely important to check out certain policies and instructions to prevent a number of the How To Last Longer In Bed Naturally trend that is problems awkward.
Stay away from dark flooring in a little place with dim surfaces - it will create the space more dense and depressing (observe how floors made from dark wood). Dark colors bring the warmth of one other elements of decoration out. In suites with minimal ceilings opt for light colored surfaces and walls.
The area measurement, consistency and color of large roofs, the surfaces and also the color of the furniture ought to be your first concern when selecting hues for the ground. For that remaining design to achieve success must be supporting shades. The floor that is newest must match the existing timber surfaces to keep up the house's reliability and stream.
Below you'll find some ideas that are simple but impressive when choosing the How Long Do People Last In Bed On Average : Where To Get Black Ant King Male Enhancement ( How To Last Longer In Bed Naturally Nice Ideas #2) on your inside, to bear in mind.
Howhow1 (hou),USA pronunciation adv.
- in what way or manner;
by what means?: How did the accident happen?
- to what extent, degree, etc.?: How damaged is the car?
- in what state or condition?: How are you?
- for what reason;
why?: How can you talk such nonsense?
- to what effect;
with what meaning?: How is one to interpret his action?
- what?: How do you mean? If they don't have vanilla, how about chocolate?
- (used as an intensifier): How seldom I go there!
- by what title or name?: How does one address the president?
- at what price: How are the new cars going, cheaper than last year's models?
- by what amount or in what measure or quantity?: How do you sell these tomatoes?
- in what form or shape?: How does the demon appear in the first act of the opera? How does the medication come?
- and how! [Informal.]certainly! you bet!: Am I happy? And how!
- Here's how, [Informal.](used as a toast).
- how come? [Informal.]how is it that? why?: How come you never visit us anymore?
- how so? how does it happen to be so? why?: You haven't any desire to go? How so?
- the manner or way in which: He couldn't figure out how to solve the problem.
- about the manner, condition, or way in which: I don't care how you leave your desk when you go. Be careful how you act.
- in whatever manner or way;
however: You can travel how you please.
- that: He told us how he was honest and could be trusted.
- a question concerning the way or manner in which something is done, achieved, etc.: a child's unending whys and hows.
- a way or manner of doing something: to consider all the hows and wherefores.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter H.
Longlong1 (lông, long),USA pronunciation adj. long•er (lông′gər, long′-),USA pronunciation long•est
(lông′gist, long′-),USA pronunciation n., adv.
- having considerable linear extent in space: a long distance; a long handle.
- having considerable duration in time: a long conversation; a long while.
- extending, lasting, or totaling a number of specified units: eight miles long; eight hours long.
- containing many items or units: a long list.
- requiring a considerable time to relate, read, etc.: a long story.
- extending beyond normal or moderate limits: a long, boring speech.
- experienced as passing slowly, because of the difficulty, tedium, or unpleasantness involved: long years of study.
- reaching well into the past: a long memory.
- the longer of two or the longest of several: the long way home; a brick with the long side exposed.
- taking a long time;
slow: He's certainly long getting here.
- forward-looking or considering all aspects;
broad: to take a long view of life.
- intense, thorough, or critical;
seriously appraising: a long look at one's past mistakes.
- having an ample supply or endowment of something (often fol. by on): to be long on advice; to be long on brains.
- having a considerable time to run, as a promissory note.
- [Chiefly Law.]distant or remote in time: a long date.
- extending relatively far: a man with a long reach.
- being higher or taller than usual: long casement windows.
- being against great odds;
unlikely: a long chance.
- (of beverages) mixed or diluted with a large amount of soda, seltzer, etc.: highballs, collinses, and other long drinks.
- (of the head or skull) of more than ordinary length from front to back.
- lasting a relatively long time: "Feed'' has a longer sound than "feet'' or "fit.''
- belonging to a class of sounds considered as usually longer in duration than another class, as the vowel of bought as compared to that of but, and in many languages serving as a distinctive feature of phonemes, as the ah in German Bahn in contrast with the a in Bann, or the tt in Italian fatto in contrast with the t in fato (opposed to short).
- having the sound of the English vowels in mate, meet, mite, mote, moot, and mute, historically descended from vowels that were long in duration.
- [Pros.](of a syllable in quantitative verse) lasting a longer time than a short syllable.
- [Finance.]holding or accumulating stocks, futures, commodities, etc., with the expectation of a rise in prices: a long position in chemicals.
- marked by a large difference in the numbers of the given betting ratio or in the amounts wagered: long odds.
- of or pertaining to the larger amount bet.
- (of clay) very plastic;
- a comparatively long time: They haven't been gone for long. Will it take long?
- something that is long: The signal was two longs and a short.
- a size of garment for men who are taller than average.
- a garment, as a suit or overcoat, in this size: The shorts and the longs are hung separately.
- [Finance.]a person who accumulates or holds stocks or commodities with the expectation of a rise in prices.
- before long, soon: We should have news of her whereabouts before long.
- the long and the short of, the point or gist of;
substance of: The long and the short of it is that they will be forced to sell all their holdings.Also, the long and short of.
- for or through a great extent of space or, esp., time: a reform long advocated.
- for or throughout a specified extent, esp. of time: How long did he stay?
- (used elliptically in referring to the length of an absence, delay, etc.): Will she be long?
- throughout a specified period of time (usually used to emphasize a preceding noun): It's been muggy all summer long.
- at a point of time far distant from the time indicated: long before.
- as long as:
- provided that: As long as you can come by six, I'll be here.
- seeing that;
since: As long as you're going to the grocery anyway, buy me a pint of ice cream.
- Also, so long as. during the time that;
through the period that: As long as we were neighbors, they never invited us inside their house.
Dodo1 (do̅o̅;[unstressed]dŏŏ, də),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. do, 2nd do or ([Archaic]) do•est or dost, 3rd does or ([Archaic]) do•eth or doth, pres. pl. do* past sing. 1st pers. did, 2nd did or ([Archaic]) didst, 3rd did, past pl. did;
past part. done;
pres. part. do•ing;
n., pl. dos, do's.
- to perform (an act, duty, role, etc.): Do nothing until you hear the bell.
- to execute (a piece or amount of work): to do a hauling job.
- to accomplish;
complete: He has already done his homework.
- to put forth;
exert: Do your best.
- to be the cause of (good, harm, credit, etc.);
- to render, give, or pay (homage, justice, etc.).
- to deal with, fix, clean, arrange, move, etc., (anything) as the case may require: to do the dishes.
- to travel;
traverse: We did 30 miles today.
- to serve;
suffice for: This will do us for the present.
- to condone or approve, as by custom or practice: That sort of thing simply isn't done.
- to travel at the rate of (a specified speed): He was doing 80 when they arrested him.
- to make or prepare: I'll do the salad.
- to serve (a term of time) in prison, or, sometimes, in office.
- to create, form, or bring into being: She does wonderful oil portraits.
- to translate into or change the form or language of: MGM did the book into a movie.
- to study or work at or in the field of: I have to do my math tonight.
- to explore or travel through as a sightseer: They did Greece in three weeks.
- (used with a pronoun, as it or that, or with a general noun, as thing, that refers to a previously mentioned action): You were supposed to write thank-you letters; do it before tomorrow, please.
- to wear out;
tire: That last set of tennis did me.
- to cheat, trick, or take advantage of: That crooked dealer did him for $500 at poker.
- to attend or participate in: Let's do lunch next week.
- to use (a drug or drugs), esp. habitually: The police report said he was doing cocaine.
- to act or conduct oneself;
be in action;
- to rob;
steal from: The law got him for doing a lot of banks.
- to proceed: to do wisely.
- to get along;
manage: to do without an automobile.
- to be in health, as specified: Mother and child are doing fine.
- to serve or be satisfactory, as for the purpose;
suffice: Will this do?
- to finish or be finished.
- to happen;
transpire: What's doing at the office?
- (used as a substitute to avoid repetition of a verb or full verb expression): I think as you do.
- (used in interrogative, negative, and inverted constructions): Do you like music? I don't care. Seldom do we witness such catastrophes.
- [Archaic.](used in imperatives with you or thou expressed;
and occasionally as a metric filler in verse): Do thou hasten to the king's side. The wind did blow, the rain did fall.
- (used to lend emphasis to a principal verb): Do visit us!
- do a number on (someone). See number (def. 27).
- do away with:
- to put an end to;
- to kill.
- do by, to deal with;
treat: He had always done well by his family.
- do for:
- to cause the defeat, ruin, or death of.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to cook and keep house for;
manage or provide for.
- do in, [Informal.]
- to kill, esp. to murder.
- to injure gravely or exhaust;
ruin: The tropical climate did them in.
- to cheat or swindle: He was done in by an unscrupulous broker.
- do one proud. See proud (def. 11).
- do one's number. See number (def. 28).
- do one's (own ) thing. See thing 1 (def. 17).
- do or die, to make a supreme effort.
- do out of, [Informal.]to swindle;
cheat: A furniture store did me out of several hundred dollars.
- do over, to redecorate.
- do time, [Informal.]to serve a term in prison: It's hard to get a decent job once you've done time.
- do to death. See death (def. 15).
- do up, [Informal.]
- to wrap and tie up.
- to pin up or arrange (the hair).
- to renovate;
- to wear out;
- to fasten: Do up your coat.
- to dress: The children were all done up in funny costumes.
- do with, to gain advantage or benefit from;
make use of: I could do with more leisure time.
- do without:
- to forgo;
- to dispense with the thing mentioned: The store doesn't have any, so you'll have to do without.
- have to do with. See have (def. 36).
- make do, to get along with what is at hand, despite its inadequacy: I can't afford a new coat so I have to make do with this one.
- a burst of frenzied activity;
- a hairdo or hair styling.
- a swindle;
- [Chiefly Brit.]a festive social gathering;
- dos and don'ts, customs, rules, or regulations: The dos and don'ts of polite manners are easy to learn.
Peoplepeo•ple (pē′pəl),USA pronunciation n., pl. -ples for 4, v., -pled, -pling.
- persons indefinitely or collectively;
persons in general: to find it easy to talk to people; What will people think?
- persons, whether men, women, or children, considered as numerable individuals forming a group: Twenty people volunteered to help.
- human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.
- the entire body of persons who constitute a community, tribe, nation, or other group by virtue of a common culture, history, religion, or the like: the people of Australia; the Jewish people.
- the persons of any particular group, company, or number (sometimes used in combination): the people of a parish; educated people; salespeople.
- the ordinary persons, as distinguished from those who have wealth, rank, influence, etc.: a man of the people.
- the subjects, followers, or subordinates of a ruler, leader, employer, etc.: the king and his people.
- the body of enfranchised citizens of a state: representatives chosen by the people.
- a person's family or relatives: My grandmother's people came from Iowa.
- (used in the possessive in Communist or left-wing countries to indicate that an institution operates under the control of or for the benefit of the people, esp. under Communist leadership): people's republic; people's army.
- animals of a specified kind: the monkey people of the forest.
- to furnish with people;
- to supply or stock as if with people: a meadow peopled with flowers.
Lastlast1 (last, läst),USA pronunciation adj. [a superl. of] late withlater as compar.
- occurring or coming after all others, as in time, order, or place: the last line on a page.
- most recent;
next before the present;
latest: last week; last Friday.
- being the only one remaining: my last dollar; the last outpost; a last chance.
- final: in his last hours.
- ultimate or conclusive;
definitive: the last word in the argument.
- lowest in prestige or importance: last prize.
- coming after all others in suitability or likelihood;
least desirable: He is the last person we'd want to represent us.
single: The lecture won't start until every last person is seated.
extreme: the last degree of delight.
- [Eccles.](of the sacraments of penance, viaticum, or extreme unction) extreme or final;
administered to a person dying or in danger of dying.
- after all others;
latest: He arrived last at the party.
- on the most recent occasion: When last seen, the suspect was wearing a checked suit.
- in the end;
- a person or thing that is last.
- a final appearance or mention: We've seen the last of her. That's the last we'll hear of it.
- the end or conclusion: We are going on vacation the last of September.
- at last, after a lengthy pause or delay: He was lost in thought for several minutes, but at last he spoke.
- at long last, after much troublesome or frustrating delay: The ship docked at long last.
- breathe one's last, to die: He was nearly 90 when he breathed his last.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Bedbed (bed),USA pronunciation n., v., bed•ded, bed•ding.
- a piece of furniture upon which or within which a person sleeps, rests, or stays when not well.
- the mattress and bedclothes together with the bedstead of a bed.
- the bedstead alone.
- the act of or time for sleeping: Now for a cup of cocoa and then bed.
- the use of a bed for the night;
lodging: I reserved a bed at the old inn.
- the marital relationship.
- any resting place: making his bed under a tree.
- something resembling a bed in form or position.
- a piece or area of ground in a garden or lawn in which plants are grown.
- an area in a greenhouse in which plants are grown.
- the plants in such areas.
- the bottom of a lake, river, sea, or other body of water.
- a piece or part forming a foundation or base.
- a layer of rock;
- a foundation surface of earth or rock supporting a track, pavement, or the like: a gravel bed for the roadway.
- the underside of a stone, brick, slate, tile, etc., laid in position.
- the upper side of a stone laid in position.
- the layer of mortar in which a brick, stone, etc., is laid.
- the natural stratification of a stone: a stone laid on bed.
- skirt (def. 6b).
- the flat surface in a printing press on which the form of type is laid.
- the body or, sometimes, the floor or bottom of a truck or trailer.
- a compact mass of a substance functioning in a reaction as a catalyst or reactant.
- the canvas surface of a trampoline.
- the smooth, wooden floor of a bowling alley.
- the slate surface of a billiard table to which the cloth is fastened.
- flesh enveloping the base of a claw, esp. the germinative layer beneath the claw.
- Also called mock, mock mold. [Shipbuilding.]a shaped steel pattern upon which furnaced plates for the hull of a vessel are hammered to shape.
- See bed and board.
- get up on the wrong side of the bed, to be irritable or bad-tempered from the start of a day: Never try to reason with him when he's gotten up on the wrong side of the bed.
- go to bed:
- to retire, esp. for the night.
- to engage in sexual relations.
- go to bed with, to have sexual intercourse with.
- in bed:
- beneath the covers of a bed.
- engaged in sexual intercourse.
- jump or get into bed with, to form a close, often temporary, alliance, usually with an unlikely ally: Industry was charged with jumping into bed with labor on the issue.
- make a bed, to fit a bed with sheets and blankets.
- make one's bed, to be responsible for one's own actions and their results: You've made your bed--now lie in it.
- put to bed:
- to help (a child, invalid, etc.) go to bed.
- to lock up (forms) in a press in preparation for printing.
- to work on the preparation of (an edition of a newspaper, periodical, etc.) up to the time of going to press.
- to provide with a bed.
- to put to bed.
- [Hort.]to plant in or as in a bed.
- to lay flat.
- to place in a bed or layer: to bed oysters.
- to embed, as in a substance: bedding the flagstones in concrete.
- to take or accompany to bed for purposes of sexual intercourse.
- to have sleeping accommodations: He says we can bed there for the night.
- to form a compact layer or stratum.
- (of a metal structural part) to lie flat or close against another part.
- [Archaic.]to go to bed.
- bed down:
- to make a bed for (a person, animal, etc.).
- to retire to bed: They put out the fire and decided to bed down for the night.
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Averageav•er•age (av′ər ij, av′rij),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., -aged, -ag•ing.
- a quantity, rating, or the like that represents or approximates an arithmetic mean: Her golf average is in the 90s. My average in science has gone from B to C this semester.
- a typical amount, rate, degree, etc.;
- See arithmetic mean.
- a quantity intermediate to a set of quantities.
- a charge paid by the master of a ship for such services as pilotage or towage.
- an expense, partial loss, or damage to a ship or cargo.
- the incidence of such an expense or loss to the owners or their insurers.
- an equitable apportionment among all the interested parties of such an expense or loss. Cf. general average, particular average.
- on the or an average, usually;
typically: She can read 50 pages an hour, on the average.
- of or pertaining to an average;
estimated by average;
forming an average: The average rainfall there is 180 inches.
ordinary: The average secretary couldn't handle such a workload. His grades were nothing special, only average.
- to find an average value for (a variable quantity);
reduce to a mean: We averaged the price of milk in five neighborhood stores.
- (of a variable quantity) to have as its arithmetic mean: Wheat averages 56 pounds to a bushel.
- to do or have on the average: He averages seven hours of sleep a night.
- to have or show an average: to average as expected.
- average down, to purchase more of a security or commodity at a lower price to reduce the average cost of one's holdings.
- average out:
- to come out of a security or commodity transaction with a profit or without a loss.
- to reach an average or other figure: His taxes should average out to about a fifth of his income.
- average up, to purchase more of a security or commodity at a higher price to take advantage of a contemplated further rise in prices.
Wherewhere (hwâr, wâr),USA pronunciation adv.
- in or at what place?: Where is he? Where do you live?
- in what position or circumstances?: Where do you stand on this question? Without money, where are you?
- in what particular respect, way, etc.?: Where does this affect us?
- to what place, point, or end? whither?: Where are you going?
- from what source? whence?: Where did you get such a notion?
- in or at what place, part, point, etc.: Find where he is. Find where the trouble is.
- in or at the place, part, point, etc., in or at which: The book is where you left it.
- in a position, case, etc., in which: Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
- in any place, position, case, etc., in which;
wherever: Use the ointment where pain is felt.
- to what or whatever place;
to the place or any place to which: I will go where you go.
- in or at which place;
and there: They came to the town, where they lodged for the night.
- where it's at, [Slang.]where the most exciting, prestigious, or profitable activity or circumstance is to be found.
- what place?: Where did you come from?
- the place in which;
point at which: This is where the boat docks. That was where the phone rang.
- a place;
that place in which something is located or occurs: the wheres and hows of job hunting.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Getget (get),USA pronunciation v., got or ([Archaic]) gat; got or got•ten;
- to receive or come to have possession, use, or enjoyment of: to get a birthday present; to get a pension.
- to cause to be in one's possession or succeed in having available for one's use or enjoyment;
acquire: to get a good price after bargaining; to get oil by drilling; to get information.
- to go after, take hold of, and bring (something) for one's own or for another's purposes;
fetch: Would you get the milk from the refrigerator for me?
- to cause or cause to become, to do, to move, etc., as specified;
effect: to get one's hair cut; to get a fire to burn; to get a dog out of a room.
- to communicate or establish communication with over a distance;
reach: You can always get me by telephone.
- to hear or hear clearly: I didn't get your last name.
- to acquire a mental grasp or command of;
learn: to get a lesson.
- to capture;
seize: Get him before he escapes!
- to receive as a punishment or sentence: to get a spanking; to get 20 years in jail.
- to prevail on;
influence or persuade: We'll get him to go with us.
- to prepare;
make ready: to get dinner.
- (esp. of animals) to beget.
- to affect emotionally: Her pleas got me.
- to hit, strike, or wound: The bullet got him in the leg.
- to kill.
- to take vengeance on: I'll get you yet!
- to catch or be afflicted with;
come down with or suffer from: He got malaria while living in the tropics. She gets butterflies before every performance.
- to puzzle;
annoy: Their silly remarks get me.
- to understand;
comprehend: I don't get the joke. This report may be crystal-clear to a scientist, but I don't get it.
- to come to a specified place;
reach: to get home late.
- to succeed, become enabled, or be permitted: You get to meet a lot of interesting people.
- to become or to cause oneself to become as specified;
reach a certain condition: to get angry; to get sick.
- (used as an auxiliary verb fol. by a past participle to form the passive): to get married; to get elected; to get hit by a car.
- to succeed in coming, going, arriving at, visiting, etc. (usually fol. by away, in, into, out, etc.): I don't get into town very often.
- to bear, endure, or survive (usually fol. by through or over): Can he get through another bad winter?
- to earn money;
- to leave promptly;
scram: He told us to get.
- to start or enter upon the action of (fol. by a present participle expressing action): to get moving; Get rolling.
- get about:
- to move about;
be active: He gets about with difficulty since his illness.
- to become known;
spread: It was supposed to be a secret, but somehow it got about.
- to be socially active: She's been getting about much more since her family moved to the city.Also, get around.
- get across:
- to make or become understandable;
communicate: to get a lesson across to students.
- to be convincing about;
impress upon others: The fire chief got across forcefully the fact that turning in a false alarm is a serious offense.
- get ahead, to be successful, as in business or society: She got ahead by sheer determination.
- get ahead of:
- to move forward of, as in traveling: The taxi got ahead of her after the light changed.
- to surpass;
outdo: He refused to let anyone get ahead of him in business.
- get along:
- to go away;
- See get on.
- get around:
- to circumvent;
- to ingratiate oneself with (someone) through flattery or cajolery.
- to travel from place to place;
circulate: I don't get around much anymore.
- See get about.
- get at:
- to reach;
touch: to stretch in order to get at a top shelf.
- to suggest, hint at, or imply;
intimate: What are you getting at?
- to discover;
determine: to get at the root of a problem.
- [Informal.]to influence by surreptitious or illegal means;
bribe: The gangsters couldn't get at the mayor.
- get away:
- to escape;
flee: He tried to get away, but the crowd was too dense.
- to start out;
leave: The racehorses got away from the starting gate.
- get away with, to perpetrate or accomplish without detection or punishment: Some people lie and cheat and always seem to get away with it.
- get back:
- to come back;
return: When will you get back?
- to recover;
regain: He got back his investment with interest.
- to be revenged: She waited for a chance to get back at her accuser.
- get by:
- to succeed in going past: to get by a police barricade.
- to manage to exist, survive, continue in business, etc., in spite of difficulties.
- to evade the notice of: He doesn't let much get by him.
- get down:
- to bring or come down;
descend: The kitten climbed the tree, but then couldn't get down again.
- to concentrate;
attend: to get down to the matter at hand.
- to depress;
fatigue: Nothing gets me down so much as a rainy day.
- to swallow: The pill was so large that he couldn't get it down.
- to relax and enjoy oneself completely;
be uninhibited in one's enjoyment: getting down with a bunch of old friends.
- get even. See even 1 (def. 22).
- get going:
- to begin;
act: They wanted to get going on the construction of the house.
- to increase one's speed;
make haste: If we don't get going, we'll never arrive in time.
- get in:
- to go into a place;
enter: He forgot his key and couldn't get in.
- to arrive;
come: They both got in on the same train.
- to become associated with: He got in with a bad crowd.
- to be chosen or accepted, as for office, membership, etc.: As secretary of the club, his friend made sure that he got in.
- to become implicated in: By embezzling money to pay his gambling debts quickly, he was getting in further and further.
- get it, [Informal.]
- to be punished or reprimanded: You'll get it for breaking that vase!
- to understand or grasp something: This is just between us, get it?
- get it off, Slang (vulgar). to experience orgasm.
- get it on:
- [Informal.]to work or perform with satisfying harmony or energy or develop a strong rapport, as in music: a rock group really getting it on with the audience.
- Slang (vulgar). to have sexual intercourse.
- get it up, [Slang](vulgar), to achieve an erection of the penis.
- get off:
- to escape the consequences of or punishment for one's actions.
- to help (someone) escape punishment: A good lawyer might get you off.
- to begin a journey;
leave: He got off on the noon flight.
- to leave (a train, plane, etc.);
dismount from (a horse);
- to tell (a joke);
express (an opinion): The comedian got off a couple of good ones.
- [Informal.]to have the effrontery: Where does he get off telling me how to behave?
- Slang (vulgar). to experience orgasm.
- to experience or cause to experience a high from or as if from a drug.
- to cause to feel pleasure, enthusiasm, or excitement: a new rock group that gets everyone off.
- get off on, [Slang.]to become enthusiastic about or excited by: After years of indifference, she's getting off on baseball.
- get on or along:
- to make progress;
- to have sufficient means to manage, survive, or fare.
- to be on good terms;
agree: She simply can't get on with her brothers.
- to advance in age: He is getting on in years.
- get out:
- to leave (often fol. by of ): Get out of here! We had to get out of the bus at San Antonio.
- to become publicly known: We mustn't let this story get out.
- to withdraw or retire (often fol. by of ): He decided to get out of the dry goods business.
- to produce or complete: Let's get this work out!
- get over:
- to recover from: to get over an illness.
- See get across.
- get round. See get around.
- get the lead out. See lead 2 (def. 11).
- get there, to reach one's goal;
succeed: He wanted to be a millionaire but he died before he got there.
- get through:
- to succeed, as in meeting, reaching, or contacting by telephone (usually fol. by to): I tried to call you last night, but I couldn't get through.
- to complete;
finish: How he ever got through college is a mystery.
- to make oneself understood: One simply cannot get through to her.
- get to:
- to get in touch or into communication with;
contact: It was too late by the time he got to the authorities.
- [Informal.]to make an impression on;
affect: This music really gets to you.
- to begin: When he gets to telling stories about the war, there's no stopping him.
- get together:
- to accumulate;
gather: to get together a portfolio of 20 stocks.
- to congregate;
meet: The alumnae chapter gets together twice a year.
- to come to an accord;
agree: They simply couldn't get together on matters of policy.
- get up:
- to sit up or stand;
- to rise from bed.
- to ascend or mount.
- to prepare;
organize: to get up an exhibit.
- to draw upon;
rouse: to get up one's courage.
- to acquire a knowledge of.
- (to a horse) go! go ahead! go faster!
- to dress, as in a costume or disguise: She got herself up as an astronaut.
- to produce in a specified style, as a book: It was got up in brown leather with gold endpapers.
- has or have got:
- to possess or own;
have: She's got a new car. Have you got the tickets?
- must (fol. by an infinitive): He's got to get to a doctor right away.
- to suffer from: Have you got a cold?
get′ta•ble, get′a•ble, adj.
- an offspring or the total of the offspring, esp. of a male animal: the get of a stallion.
- a return of a ball, as in tennis, that would normally have resulted in a point for the opponent.
- something earned, as salary, profits, etc.: What's your week's get?
- a child born out of wedlock.
Blackblack (blak),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., v., adv.
- lacking hue and brightness;
absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
- characterized by absence of light;
enveloped in darkness: a black night.
- (sometimes cap.)
- pertaining or belonging to any of the various populations characterized by dark skin pigmentation, specifically the dark-skinned peoples of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- soiled or stained with dirt: That shirt was black within an hour.
dismal: a black outlook.
inexcusable: a black lie.
- boding ill;
sullen or hostile;
threatening: black words; black looks.
- (of coffee or tea) without milk or cream.
- without any moral quality or goodness;
wicked: His black heart has concocted yet another black deed.
- indicating censure, disgrace, or liability to punishment: a black mark on one's record.
- marked by disaster or misfortune: black areas of drought; Black Friday.
- wearing black or dark clothing or armor: the black prince.
- based on the grotesque, morbid, or unpleasant aspects of life: black comedy; black humor.
- (of a check mark, flag, etc.) done or written in black to indicate, as on a list, that which is undesirable, sub-standard, potentially dangerous, etc.: Pilots put a black flag next to the ten most dangerous airports.
- illegal or underground: The black economy pays no taxes.
- showing a profit;
not showing any losses: the first black quarter in two years.
- deliberately false or intentionally misleading: black propaganda.
- boycotted, as certain goods or products by a trade union.
- (of steel) in the form in which it comes from the rolling mill or forge;
- black or white, completely either one way or another, without any intermediate state.
- the color at one extreme end of the scale of grays, opposite to white, absorbing all light incident upon it. Cf. white (def. 20).
- (sometimes cap.)
- a member of any of various dark-skinned peoples, esp. those of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- black clothing, esp. as a sign of mourning: He wore black at the funeral.
- the dark-colored men or pieces or squares.
- black pigment: lamp black.
- [Slang.]See black beauty.
- a horse or other animal that is entirely black.
- black and white:
- print or writing: I want that agreement in black and white.
- a monochromatic picture done with black and white only.
- a chocolate soda containing vanilla ice cream.
- in the black, operating at a profit or being out of debt (opposed to in the red): New production methods put the company in the black.
- to make black;
put black on;
- to boycott or ban.
- to polish (shoes, boots, etc.) with blacking.
- to become black;
take on a black color;
- black out:
- to lose consciousness: He blacked out at the sight of blood.
- to erase, obliterate, or suppress: News reports were blacked out.
- to forget everything relating to a particular event, person, etc.: When it came to his war experiences he blacked out completely.
- [Theat.]to extinguish all of the stage lights.
- to make or become inoperable: to black out the radio broadcasts from the U.S.
- [Mil.]to obscure by concealing all light in defense against air raids.
- [Radio and Television.]to impose a broadcast blackout on (an area).
- to withdraw or cancel (a special fare, sale, discount, etc.) for a designated period: The special air fare discount will be blacked out by the airlines over the holiday weekend.
- (of coffee or tea) served without milk or cream.
Kingking (king),USA pronunciation n.
- a male sovereign or monarch;
a man who holds by life tenure, and usually by hereditary right, the chief authority over a country and people.
- (cap.) God or Christ.
- a person or thing preeminent in its class: a king of actors.
- a playing card bearing a picture of a king.
- the chief piece of each color, whose checkmating is the object of the game;
moved one square at a time in any direction.
- a piece that has been moved entirely across the board and has been crowned, thus allowing it to be moved in any direction.
- [Entomol.]a fertile male termite.
- a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter K.
- to make a king of;
cause to be or become a king;
- to design or make (a product) king-size: The tobacco company is going to king its cigarettes.
- to reign as king.
- king it, to play the king;
behave in an imperious or pretentious manner: He kinged it over all the other kids on the block.