Hit The Ceiling Idiom was published on February 24, 2018 at 9:32 pm. This blog post is uploaded at the Ceiling category. Hit The Ceiling Idiom is labelled with Hit The Ceiling Idiom, Hit, The, Ceiling, Idiom..
Hithit (hit),USA pronunciation v., hit, hit•ting, n.
- to deal a blow or stroke to: Hit the nail with the hammer.
- to come against with an impact or collision, as a missile, a flying fragment, a falling body, or the like: The car hit the tree.
- to reach with a missile, a weapon, a blow, or the like, as one throwing, shooting, or striking: Did the bullet hit him?
- to succeed in striking: With his final shot he hit the mark.
- to make (a base hit): He hit a single and a home run.
- bat1 (def. 14).
- to drive or propel by a stroke: to hit a ball onto the green.
- to have a marked effect or influence on;
affect severely: We were all hit by the change in management.
- to assail effectively and sharply (often fol. by out): The speech hits out at warmongering.
- to request or demand of: He hit me for a loan.
- to reach or attain (a specified level or amount): Prices are expected to hit a new low. The new train can hit 100 mph.
- to be published in or released to;
appear in: When will this report hit the papers? What will happen when the story hits the front page?
- to land on or arrive in: The troops hit the beach at 0800. When does Harry hit town?
- to give (someone) another playing card, drink, portion, etc.: If the dealer hits me with an ace, I'll win the hand. Bartender, hit me again.
- to come or light upon;
find: to hit the right road.
- to agree with;
suit exactly: I'm sure this purple shirt will hit Alfred's fancy.
- to solve or guess correctly;
come upon the right answer or solution: You've hit it!
- to succeed in representing or producing exactly: to hit a likeness in a portrait.
- to begin to travel on: Let's hit the road. What time shall we hit the trail?
- to strike with a missile, a weapon, or the like;
deal a blow or blows: The armies hit at dawn.
- to come into collision (often fol. by against, on, or upon): The door hit against the wall.
- to kill;
- (of an internal-combustion engine) to ignite a mixture of air and fuel as intended: This jalopy is hitting on all cylinders.
- to come or light (usually fol. by upon or on): to hit on a new way.
- hit it off, to be congenial or compatible;
agree: We hit it off immediately with the new neighbors. She and her brother had never really hit it off.
- hit off:
- to represent or describe precisely or aptly: In his new book he hits off the American temperament with amazing insight.
- to imitate, esp. in order to satirize.
- hit on, [Slang.]to make persistent sexual advances to: guys who hit on girls at social events.
- hit out:
- to deal a blow aimlessly: a child hitting out in anger and frustration.
- to make a violent verbal attack: Critics hit out at the administration's new energy policy.
- hit the books, [Slang.]to study hard;
- hit the bottle, [Slang.]See bottle (def. 4).
- hit the high spots:
- to go out on the town;
go nightclubbing: We'll hit the high spots when you come to town.
- to do something in a quick or casual manner, paying attention to only the most important or obvious facets or items: When I clean the house I hit the high spots and that's about all. This course will hit the high spots of ancient history.
- hit up, [Slang.]
- to ask to borrow money from: He hit me up for ten bucks.
- to inject a narcotic drug into a vein.
- an impact or collision, as of one thing against another.
- a stroke that reaches an object;
- a stroke of satire, censure, etc.: a hit at complacency.
- [Baseball.]See base hit.
- a game won by a player after the opponent has thrown off one or more men from the board.
- any winning game.
- a successful stroke, performance, or production;
success: The play is a hit.
- a dose of a narcotic drug.
- [Computers.](in information retrieval) an instance of successfully locating an item of data in the memory bank of a computer.
- an instance of accessing a Web site.
- a killing, murder, or assassination, esp. one carried out by criminal prearrangements.
- hit or miss, without concern for correctness or detail;
haphazardly: The paint job had been done hit or miss.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Ceilingceil•ing (sē′ling),USA pronunciation n.
- the overhead interior surface of a room.
- the top limit imposed by law on the amount of money that can be charged or spent or the quantity of goods that can be produced or sold.
- the maximum altitude from which the earth can be seen on a particular day, usually equal to the distance between the earth and the base of the lowest cloud bank.
- Also called absolute ceiling. the maximum altitude at which a particular aircraft can operate under specified conditions.
- the height above ground level of the lowest layer of clouds that cover more than half of the sky.
- a lining applied for structural reasons to a framework, esp. in the interior surfaces of a ship or boat.
- Also called ceil′ing piece′. [Theat.]the ceiling or top of an interior set, made of cloth, a flat, or two or more flats hinged together.
- the act or work of a person who makes or finishes a ceiling.
- vaulting, as in a medieval church.
- hit the ceiling, [Informal.]to become enraged: When he saw the amount of the bill, he hit the ceiling.
Idiomid•i•om (id′ē əm),USA pronunciation n.
- an expression whose meaning is not predictable from the usual meanings of its constituent elements, as kick the bucket or hang one's head, or from the general grammatical rules of a language, as the table round for the round table, and that is not a constituent of a larger expression of like characteristics.
- a language, dialect, or style of speaking peculiar to a people.
- a construction or expression of one language whose parts correspond to elements in another language but whose total structure or meaning is not matched in the same way in the second language.
- the peculiar character or genius of a language.
- a distinct style or character, in music, art, etc.: the idiom of Bach.
Hit The Ceiling Idiom have 8 attachments including Hit The Ceiling Idiom #1 1 Semantics By Don L F Nilsen And Alleen Pace Ppt, Hit The Ceiling Meaning, Hit The Ceiling Idiom #3 Hit The Ceiling Idiom Integralbook Com, American Idioms And Culture Ppt, Hit The Ceiling Idiom Design Inspirations #5 American Idioms And Culture Ppt, What Is The Meaning Of Ceiling Integralbook Com, 1 IDIOMS And PHARASAL VERBS Yasin Yaylar F Fisebilillah Yaylar@gmail.com ., Marvelous Hit The Ceiling Idiom #8 Vocabulary Idioms What Can Your Body Do Content Words. Here are the images:
Whether you are dangling a large oil painting or possibly a tiny printing middle of the part should be at eye-level. You can try to utilize it like a headboard, when you have a big piece of artwork. When hanging images or images behind the counter constantly place them up ins above the stand. Suspend photographs in round groups of mathematical triangles or rectangles to incorporate attention.
Don't just forget about illumination, while accessorizing your bedroom. You would like to build when getting lights make sure to obtain versions that go along with the beach theme. For seaside style light use clear-glass lamps filled with covers or figural light house fashioned bulbs. The carpet can specify a place and pull your bedroom together. Relaxing furniture solely on the carpeting to get an influence that is warmer. Merely use carpets that go together with your beach extras.
By applying cushions, attention can be added also. Employ patterns and many at the very top of varied colors and the sleep designs while still preserving the color and topic inside one's bedroom's style in general. Do not believe you have to get everything to your bedroom at the same time. Check around to obtain the great equipment to match the Hit The Ceiling Idiom. You'll find discounts at consignment merchants lawn sales and flea markets.